Junior Programmer Intership (Academy)
At Opinno, we help large corporations to transform through innovative methodologies used by start-ups and entrepreneurs. We see innovation as a process that begins by listening to people and ends with the design and prototyping of new products and services that generate an impact on society, being this the foundation of our model: people, ideas and solutions. We are editors for MIT Technology Review and Harvard Business Review in Spanish.
In our Academy programme, we transform people by developing highly demanded digital and technological skills. Our aim is twofold. On one hand, we increase companies competitiveness by improving digital skills of employees. On the other hand, we increase young people employability by developing skills needed to lead the digital transformation of companies. We work using learning-by-doing, problem solving and corporate challenges as learning methodologies.
We are looking for someone who can handle the following responsibilities:
- Production (Main Activity): You will be part of Academy Team in class sessions for developing digital and technological skills.
- You will support the work of teachers from Academy Team.
- You will support developing of content and class materials.
- You will work with programme leader and academy team in designing learning methods and developing content for class sessions.
- It is important that we recurrently improve our teaching methods. Hence, you may be ask to review and propose improvements to how we teach.
- Management: You will support projects execution from Academy Programme.
- Supporting project leader and programme leader in management activities from this division.
- Commercial: In Opinno, sales is a cross-company activity
- You will support and develop commercial proposal for customers where key elements of the project are described (activities, time, budget, etc.).
We are looking for someone who fulfills the following requirements:
- Communication skills are very important for teaching. Think of the best teacher you ever had ... that's what we are aiming for.
- You will need to show proficiency in tech and hard skills in programming (1 years or more of experience). The experience can be as a fullstack (ie. MEAN), front-end (ie. JS, AngularJS, HTML5 and CSS3) or back-end (ie. Python, PHP or NodeJS) developer.
- You will be given the time to learn about new and cool techs. This means you must be a self-taught person. You will have some guiding and the possibility to use books or online courses if you want to but you must be implicated and willing to develop skills yourself.
- The ability to collaborate and work using online tools is of interest too.
- You do not need to be a designer but designing skills are needed.
- You must be open and willing to travel. Mostly in Spain but it is possible to travel abroad.
- Proposal writing and visual presentation of project proposal.