Academy Team Member
At Opinno, we help large corporations to transform through innovative methodologies used by start-ups and entrepreneurs. We see innovation as a process that begins by listening to people and ends with the design and prototyping of new products and services that generate an impact on society, being this the foundation of our model: people, ideas and solutions. We are editors for MIT Technology Review and Harvard Business Review in Spanish.
In our Academy programme, we transform people by developing highly demanded digital and technological skills. Our aim is twofold. On one hand, we increase companies competitiveness by improving digital skills of employees. On the other hand, we increase young people employability by developing skills needed to lead the digital transformation of companies. We work using learning-by-doing, problem solving and corporate challenges as learning methodologies.
We are looking for someone who can handle the following responsibilities:
- Production (Main Activity): You will be part of Academy Team leading class sessions for developing digital and technological skills.
- You will be one of the teachers from Academy Team. You will have to give lectures in horizontal non-techie topics (ie. Digitalization), one mainstream digital subject (ie. Web Programming) and one emergent tech (ie. Big Data). You may not have all this knowledge but you will develop it.
- You will work with programme leader and academy team in designing learning methods and developing content for class sessions.
- It is important that we recurrently improve our teaching methods. Hence, you may be ask to review and propose improvements to how we teach.
- Management: You will support projects execution from Academy Programme.
- Communication and coordination with customer and third parties will also be part of your daily activities.
- Supporting project leader and programme leader in management activities from this division.
- Commercial: In Opinno, sales is a cross-company activity
- You will support and develop commercial proposal for customers where key elements of the project are described (activities, time, budget, etc.). You may be required to follow-up on commercial-leads.
- You will attend meetings with customers for both presenting what we do and identifying their needs. You will work designing and co-creating projects for our customers.
We are looking for someone who fulfills the following requirements:
- Communication skills are very important for teaching. Think of the best teacher you ever had ... that's what we are aiming for.
- You will need to show proficiency in tech and hard skills in programming (2 years or more of experience). The experience can be as a fullstack (ie. MEAN), front-end (ie. JS, AngularJS, HTML5 and CSS3) or back-end (ie. Python, PHP or NodeJS) developer.
- You will be given the time to learn about new and cool techs. This means you must be a self-taught person. You will have some guiding and the possibility to use books or online courses if you want to but you must be implicated and willing to develop skills yourself.
- We appreciate experience in team leading, customer management and project management software.
- The ability to collaborate and work using online tools is of interest too.
- You do not need to be a designer but designing skills are needed. Minimal level of experience with graphic design tools (ie. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks, etc.) is a plus.
- You must be open and willing to travel. Mostly in Spain but it is possible to travel abroad.
- A good level of English is not needed but a nice plus.
- You will need good abilities to structure ideas and develop them into a project proposal.
- Communication skills to explain what we do to customers and to present our project proposals to customers.
- Proposal writing and visual presentation of project proposal.